Sunday 18 August 2013

Life with a 2 month old

My little man turned 2 months yesterday, its crazy cos it feels like he's been here years, i can hardly remember pre-baby life.
He's doing brilliantly. He's a BIG boy, already in 3-6 months clothes and was even in a 6-9 month vest this morning that didn't look at all out of place!! He's holding his head pretty much on his own now and learning to roll over!




















He's also getting the hang of this standing business. He LOVES to stand up. When he's having a paddy, the only way to calm him is to stand him up. That or stick a boob in his mouth!
We've bought him a jumperoo which i'm sure he'll love, gonna wait a month or two to put him in it though.
He's still not interested in a dummy. In a way I'm glad. Theres so many times he starts chattering away, (today to a sheep) that i think, if he had a dummy in his mouth we would never have heard that. 
So theres the little brag over (I can't help it I'm so proud of my little man!) 
Being a mum. It still feels strange sometimes, like when I went to the doctor and said 'I need to register my son' it felt strange yet it made me grin like the cheshire cat. 
I love being a mum. Its the most amazing feeling in the world. It can be tough, don't get me wrong. But for every hour he spends crying, one little smile makes it all better. I love that smile. 

I was getting a tad emotional, i had to go have a peek at him. 
We decided at 6 weeks to begin to get him into a routine. He has a bath, song / story and feed then goes to sleep at 7 (in theory) he has his good days and bad, for example yesterday he woke 3 times between 7 and 9, each time I had to feed him back to sleep. Where as tonight he was asleep by half 7 and hopefully will now sleep until early hours of the morning. He wakes around 1-2 usually then again at 5-6 so all in all we get a fair amount of sleep. We even slept in till 10 today! 
We co sleep. I love it. I know its 'frowned upon' but co-sleeping is the norm in so many countries across the world, as long as its done safely, it can be brilliant for baby and parents and especially good if your breastfeeding. 
Oz wears a 'Snuza' alarm. This is a portable breathing monitor which clips onto his nappy. I got it mainly so I didn't feel the need to check on him before I've gone to bed a million times. Its a great little gadget, I only wish i'd got it sooner.
I can't wait to see what he's learnt by 3 months, and I'm slightly scared to see how much he will grow!

Time for sleep and snuggles. Till next time x

1 comment:

  1. Hi there Kerri! I hope you all had a great summer together! I'm Heather and I just have a quick question about your blog! My email is Lifesabanquet1(at)gmail.com :-)

    ReplyDelete